Deborah J. Townsend is an Of Counsel Attorney with Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. She is based out of the Orlando office.
Ms. Townsend’s practice focuses primarily on immigration and nationality law. She represents broad range of clients including investors, entrepreneurs, large and small corporations, foreign national employees, families and students in all areas of immigration law.
Ms. Townsend provides a full range of immigration law services including nonimmigrant visas – B/E/H/L/O/P/TN and others, as well as employment-based, investment-based and family-based cases for U.S. lawful permanent resident status (“green cards”), student visas, asylum, naturalization, derivative citizenship, I-9 issues, employer sanctions, representation before U.S. Consulates abroad and limited representation in Immigration Court for non-criminal aliens.
Ms. Townsend is a member of the Florida Bar and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- Juris Doctor – 05/1979
- Hood College, Frederick, Maryland
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 05/1976
- Holmes, Khatri & Townsend, P.A., Orlando, Florida, Partner, 1992 to 1994
- Hendry, Stoner & Brown, P.A., Orlando, Florida, Partner, 1984 to 1992
- Hendry, Stoner & Brown, P.A., Orlando, Florida, Associate, 1981 to 1984
- Legal Services Of Greater Miami, Immigration Law Unit, Staff Attorney, 1980 to 1981
- Haitian Refugee Center, Miami, Florida, VISTA Attorney, 1980 to 1980
- Florida Bar, Member, 1983 to Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, Member, 1983 to Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, Chapter Chair, 1990 to 1991
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, Board Of Directors, Member, 2008 to 2010
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, Advocacy Chair/Co-Chair, 2008 to 2011
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, Media Liaison, 2011 to 2012
- Florida Bar, International Law Section, Immigration Committee, Co-Chair, 1992 to 1993
- Orange County Bar Association, Immigration And Naturalization Committee, Chair, 1988 to 1990
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified In Immigration And Nationality Law, Florida Bar, 1996
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Immigration Law
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- AILA CFC Award, Excellence In The Practice Of Immigration Law
- Florida Super Lawyers