Lake Austin Properties Twelfth Update – Lake Austin Reserve Purchasers Secure Judgments
Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. (“UTF”), has now represented over 500 units at the Lake Austin Reserve development. Of those units, over 450 are now fully settled and/or at final Judgment. UTF remains the only law firm to have ever recovered a purchaser’s entire deposit in the Lake Austin Reserve (Avalon, Grande Palisades, Magnolia Woods, or Palisades phases). To the best of our knowledge, UTF is also the only law firm to have recovered not just the 10 percent of the purchase price being held in escrow but also the accumulated interest on that amount.
Former and current clients have made us aware of various individuals who are sending out misleading emails and blogs on the internet claiming that they have special access to lawyers who can collect more or claiming to have special financial data that will enable recovery of additional amounts. UTF cautions and warns all Lake Austin Reserve purchasers to be very careful when dealing with these individuals as much of the information on the internet appears to be less than truthful or complete.
Urban Thier & Federer Limited continues to work with The Affinity Partnership to educate purchasers on their legal rights and options. In early March 2011, John L. Urban traveled to the United Kingdom and met with 100s of Lake Austin Reserve purchasers in London, Birmingham, Darlington and Swindon. At the meetings, purchasers were informed of the status of the Lake Austin Reserve development, their legal rights and options, and were able to ask questions both in a group setting and a one-on-one basis. The vast majority of the Lake Austin Reserve purchasers who retained UTF in March and April 2011 now have final Judgments from the federal United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida awarding them their entire deposits paid plus interest, attorney fees and court costs. To date, UTF has secured over 80 judgements against Lake Austin Properties I Ltd., totaling well over $11,000,000.00.
If you are still a party to an Agreement for Sale contract obligating you to purchase an Avalon, Grande Palisades, Magnolia Woods and/or Palisades unit at Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd.’s Lake Austin Reserve, we encourage you to contact our Orlando, Florida, office to explore and discuss your legal rights and options. UTF is the only international law firm representing Lake Austin Reserve purchasers and has represented more purchasers than all other law firms combined. With offices in both Florida and Europe, including two offices in the United Kingdom, we are uniquely positioned to serve United Kingdom based and other international clients.
UTF encourages all purchasers to do their own independent due diligence and research. You can also learn more about Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd.’s Lake Austin Reserve Grande Palisades, The Avalon and Magnolia Woods Resort phases via these previous articles:
- InformationLake Austin Properties I, Ltd. – Eleventh Update – Lake Austin Announces Deal with Malbec Investments
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. – Tenth Update – Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. Answers Lake Austin Reserve Purchases’ Questions in Person in the United Kingdom and Provides Factual Information
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Ninth Update – Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd., Raises Bankruptcy and Other Issues to Encourage Grande Palisades, Avalon and Magnolia Woods Purchasers to Continue with an Economically Unjustifiable Purchase.
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Eighth Update – Lake Austin Reserve Developer Visits United Kingdom to Propose REIT Concept
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Seventh Update – The Importance of Understanding Your Chosen Law Firm’s Litigation Strategy and Your Own Litigation Priorities
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Sixth Update – Lake Austin Joins Forces with IAP/IAP Global Veteran to Replace The Affinity Partnership, Ltd.
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Fifth Update – The Grande Palisades and Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. High Pressure Tactics
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Fourth Update – The Future of the Grande Palisades and the Oversupply of Disney Area Condominium Hotels (Condo-Hotels)
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Third Update – Fuel USA and Affiliated Attorneys and Solicitors
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Second Update – The Affinity Partnership, Ltd. and Related Entities
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Update – Status of Buyers’ Deposits
- Lake Austin Properties I, Ltd. Grande Palisades, Avalon and Magnolia Woods – Status and Rights
We encourage all purchasers to interview any attorney that they may be contemplating to retain and to ask that attorney for their experience, record in this area of the law, number of cases taken to final judgment, number of cases affirmed on appeal, number of attorneys in the firm, firm staff, resources, etc. We sincerely believe that purchasers should not retain an attorney or law firm until they are confident that 1) the law firm has the experience and resources to represent their best interest and 2) they fully understand the law firm’s litigation strategy.
The Florida Bar, which regulates all attorneys who are licensed to practice law in the State of Florida, provides strict guidelines which prohibit us from referring to past successes or results obtained for other purchasers in this or other developments. However, we can provide you with this and other information in response to any inquiry. Accordingly, we encourage you to contact us via the “Contact Us” page and we will promptly respond with additional information.
With attorneys in Orlando, Florida, Munich, Germany, and Manchester and London, United Kingdom, Urban Thier & Federer, P.A., Urban Thier & Federer Rechtsanwälte and Urban Thier & Federer Limited continue to assist buyers throughout the United States and European Union countries who are seeking to terminate their pre-construction purchase agreements. Most cases can be handled on a contingency fee basis (client is responsible for costs).
We encourage you to explore our websites – www.urbanthier.com (United States office), www.urbanthier.de (German office) and www.urbanthier.co.uk (UK office) to learn more about Urban Thier & Federer, P.A., Urban Thier & Federer, Rechtsanwälte, Urban Thier & Federer Limited (SRA Number 559959) and their attorneys and practice areas. Urban Thier & Federer, P.A.’s representation of buyers includes litigation of cases in state court, federal court and arbitration proceedings. We encourage you to become informed of your rights and options. You should also ensure that any law firm you consult or retain to represent you has the experience, resources and ability to take your case through trial and appellate courts, if necessary.
Please note that Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. does not represent you and cannot take any action on your behalf unless and until you enter into a formal written Legal Representation Agreement.
John L. Urban – Shareholder