Carl Christian Thier is a founding Shareholder of Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. He frequently travels between the firm's offices to coordinate European and American matters.
Mr. Thier's practice focuses primarily on German and United States international law in the areas of international contract law, international tax planning related to income and estate matters (German American Treaty for Avoidance of Double Taxation, "Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen"), business entity formation and business negotiations and domestications of foreign judgments, with a particular focus on cross border investments between Germany and the United States. Mr. Thier practices law from the United States offices of the firm.
Mr. Thier is a member of the German Bar, the New York Bar and the Bar of Great Britain ("SRA"). He is a member of the American Committee for Foreign Relations and serves as President and Chairman of the Central Florida Chapter of the German American Business Chamber (GABC). Christian also teaches International Law at Lawline which is the leading US provider of classes for continuing legal education.
Mr. Thier is the Honorary Vice Consul for the Republic of Austria in Orlando.
NEWS/PUBLIC RELATIONS 2016
- 12.08.2016 | Arbeiten In Den USA: Doppelbesteuerung Vermeiden (FOCUS Online)
- 11.08.2016 | Austria Appoints Orlando Resident As Honorary Vice Consul -- The Republic of Austria recently appointed German American attorney Carl Christian Thier as Honorary Vice Consul for its Orlando Consulate, to work jointly with Honorary Consul, Toby Unwin. Mr. Thier is a member of The German Bar, yhe New York Bar snd the Bar Of Great Britain ("SRA") snd is fluent in both German and English. He is a member of The American Committee for Foreign Relations and Currently serves as President and Chairman Of The Central Florida Chapter of the German American Business Chamber (GABC)."Christian's skills as an international commercial lawyer together with his native German language made him an ideal candidate for the role", Mr. Unwin explained.
Mr. Thier is Managing Director of the international law firm of Urban Thier & Federer P.A., with offices in the United States and Europe. It has 10 Offices in 3 countries. The Republic of Austria has relocated its Consulate from the Dr. Phillips area to the Urban Thier & Federer office in Orlando. "It is a great honor to have been asked to represent Austria in this role. Our German speaking staff will enable us to better serve the Austrian community" said Mr. Thier.
- VW Clean Air Act
- Carl-Christian Thier, Experte Für US-Recht (FOCUS Online)
- Green Card: So Beantragen Sie Das Einwanderungsvisum (FOCUS Online)
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Master of Comparative Laws (LL.M.) - 05/1997
- Landgericht Köln, Second German State Exam, 1995
- University of Trier, First German State Exam, 1993
- University of Maastricht, Studies on International Law
- Esser & Partner, Attorney
- Hendry, Stoner, Sawicki & Brown P.A., Of Counsel
- Foreign Relations Affairs, Member, American Committee
- German American Business Chamber of Florida, President, Central Florida Chapter
- German American Business Chamber of Florida, Chairman, Central Florida Chapter
- World of Medicine AG, Director
- World of Medicine USA, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- JUSA Invest GmbH/Jupiter USA, Inc., Managing Partner
- American Committee for Foreign Relations, Member
- Munich Lawyers Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Founding Shareholder
- International Tax Law
- International Contract Law
- Business Law
- United Kingdom, 2012
- New York, 1998
- Germany, 1995