Mr. Thier's works primarily in the area of business and corporate law, with a particular focus on international business and contract law, structuring of complex business structures in the US and cross border. He negoziates complex business deals and supports the management of US and European corporate clients with strategic advice.
He advises start up companies and newl formed subsidiaries of international companies in the US.
Mr. Thier structures multi level business holding and management structures with a focus on liability and tax optimization across borders, which often involves rules of Treaties for the Avoidance of Double Taxation ("Double Taxation Treaty)
Mr. Thier manages the New York office of the firm.
Mr. Thier is a member of the New York Bar Association as well as the German Bar Association. Until before Brexit, he was also admitted to practice in the United Kingdom. He serves as President and Chairman of the Central Florida Chapter of the German American Business Chamber (GABC). He also teaches International Law at Lawline, a leading US provider of continuing legal education. He is a member of the steering committee of the German Wirtschaftsrunde in New York.
Mr. Thier is the Honorary Vice Consul for the Republic of Austria in Central Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Master of Comparative Laws (LL.M.) - 05/1997
- Landgericht Köln, Second German State Exam, 1995
- University of Trier, First German State Exam, 1993
- University of Maastricht, Studies on International Law
- Esser & Partner, Attorney
- Hendry, Stoner, Sawicki & Brown P.A., Of Counsel
- World of Medicine AG, Director
- World of Medicine USA, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- JUSA Invest GmbH/Jupiter USA, Inc., Manager
- Foreign Relations Affairs, Member, American Committee
- German American Business Chamber of Florida, President, Central Florida Chapter
- American Committee for Foreign Relations, Member
- Munich Lawyers Association, Member
- Member of the Steering Committee of the international lawyer association GALEXY
- Member of Steering Committee of the Wirtschaftrunde in New York
Current Employment Position
- Founding Shareholder
- International Tax Law
- International Contract Law
- Business Law
- United Kingdom, 2012
- New York, 1998
- Germany, 1995