Christian Liepert is a Business Development Consultant founder and CEO at the independent Consulting Firm AXIKON. He is focused primarily in advising companies from a sales and marketing perspective on how to access and develop their business in Europe with main focus on Spain and Germany.
Christian Liepert is a multicultural person with working experience in different countries (Germany, Spain, U.K., Mexico and U.S.A.). His professional life has always been related to international business development projects. He has always been a very enthusiastic and motivated person. Mr. Liepert is a native Spanish speaker and is fluent in German and English with some knowledge of French and Japanese.
After finishing his studies of Industrial Engineering he joined the Weidmüller Group, a German multinational where he developed different projects related to strategy and marketing while participating in an International Management Programme. Afterwards, he moved to Spain to work for different Spanish companies as a sales or market manager responsible for the German and the Spanish markets.
Mr. Liepert established AXIKON and Partners, S.L. in Barcelona and has been working as a Business Development Consultant since 2004. He has supported all kinds of companies to expand their business not only in Spain but also in other European countries such as Germany, France, the U.K. and Poland. Since 2016 he has also been responsible for the development of the InterConnect Group.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia. Courses: “International Marketing” and “Service Quality Marketing” (2000)
- ITESM University, Guadalajara, Mexico: Industrial Engineering degree (1993-1997).
- University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), U.K.: one year of the Industrial Engineering degree (1995-1996).
- “Studienkolleg” from the Karlsruhe University, Germany. Engineering courses (1992-1993).
- Sescoi Iberia S.L., Spain. Sales Manager for Spain.
- Avisor S.A., Spain. Market Manager for U.S.A. and Germany.
- Weidmüller Group, Germany. Project Manager: International Management Programme (Germany, U.K., U.S.A., Spain) and Area Sales Manager tools division for Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
Published Works and International Projects
- Co-Author “Export Consortiums and the Internationalization of SMEs: a Comparative Study of European and Latin American Experiences”, Carles Murillo, Pompeu Fabra University, Dec. 2007 (original publication in Spanish)
- Key Expert, Pro€Invest Project. EU funding study: “CARIFORUM- EU exportable sectors and business opportunities”.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner. Business Development Consultant (AXIKON and Partners, S.L., Barcelona, Spain).
- International market studies
- Business development
- Joint ventures
- Export consortia
- “Commercial strategies to access the European market”
- “Business opportunities in Spain”
- “How to present an offer in the German market?”
- “Export Consortia. Experiences from a specialized consultant”.
- “How to obtain customers during hard times?”