open graph protocol logo
Urban Thier Federer > Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Military Pension Orders, and other Pension Division Orders


This article and this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. This information provided should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. You should always consult a suitably qualified attorney regarding any specific legal problem or matter and not rely on the content of this article. Nothing on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship and nothing posted constitutes legal advice. We cannot guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or up-to-date.


Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Military Pension Orders, and other Pension Division Orders

The family law attorneys of UTF are experienced with the often complex nature of qualified domestic relations orders (QDRO), military pension division orders, and other pension division orders. It is important to hire an experienced attorney to draft the necessary post judgment pension division orders, as this will determine how much, if any, you will receive of your former spouse’s pension funds upon retirement. This may also guarantee that your survivor benefits are in place to secure both your retirement, as well as an income stream upon the death of your former spouse. Our attorneys are familiar with the various types of pension plans, both in the civil and military fields, and may assist you both prior to final judgment and post final judgment in the drafting and enforcement of pension division orders. Having offices in the United States, Germany and the United Kingdom, the attorneys at UTF are uniquely qualified to efficiently resolve matters related to your rights and obligations in claims and defenses to orders dividing a pension accumulated during your marriage. Our German and English speaking attorneys and staff are able to communicate with employers and military authorities, as well as governmental authorities responsible for pension, when necessary. If you would like to speak to an attorney or schedule a consultation, please Contact Us.

More Information: