open graph protocol logo


Urban Thier & Federer > Blog  > Immigration

H2-B Work Visas

H2-B work Visas Contrary to popular belief, US Work visas are not confined to only skilled workers. Workers without formal education can receive them also. US work visas are in the H2 classification and are for both seasonal and temporary workers in the agriculture (H2A) and non-agricultural category (H2B). The H2 visas are highly controlled as the presiding law restricts these visa permits to less than 10,000 visas nationally, per year....

Continue reading

Immigrating Through Marriage

mmigrating Through Marriage Lawful Permanent Residency through the marriage to a U.S. citizen is the most common way for immigrants achieve citizenship. The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 allows immigration officials to criticize cases for marriage in depth. They ask for extensive amounts documents before granting fiancée(s) marriage visas. The repercussions for marriages that deemed fraudulent can vary from monetary fine, criminal prosecution, permanent visa restrictions and possible deportation. ...

Continue reading

Why now is a great time to file a PERM case for skilled workers!

Why now is a great time to file a PERM case for skilled workers! In our last blog post, “Looking to Hire a Foreign National for a Permanent Position? Consider “PERM” as an Option”, we provided a general overview of the “PERM” process. What we did not mention to employers is that NOW is the perfect time to file a PERM case for someone whose skills you need....

Continue reading


A record number of U.S. Citizens are renouncing their passports and cutting their official ties to the United States according to recent data released by the Treasury Department. With an all-time high and an increase of more than 20% from the previous year, over 4,200 American Citizens expatriated in 2015. This number is over eighteen times higher than the mere 231 individuals who expatriated in 2008....

Continue reading

Green Card, Permanent Resident USA

Wenn Sie in den USA arbeiten wollen, dann ist es grundsätzlich möglich, eine dauerhafte Arbeitsgenehmigung für die Vereinigten Staaten zu erhalten. Diese dauerhafte Arbeitsgenehmigung ist als Green Card bekannt. Um einen Antrag auf die Erteilung einer Green Card genehmigt zu erhalten muss, muss der dreistufige sogenannte PERM-Prozess durchlaufen werden. Der erste Schritt ist der PERM Antrag, der beim amerikanischen Arbeitsministerium (U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)) eingereicht wird. In einem zweiten Schritt ist eine Petition auf Erteilung eines Einwanderungsvisums bei der US-Einwanderungsbehörde (USCIS). Der dritte und letzte Schritt ist dann entweder das Einreichen eines Antrags für eine dauerhafte Aufenthaltserlaubnis bei der US-Einwanderungsbehörde...

Continue reading

German American Business Chamber Event

The German American Business Chamber of Central Florida recently hosted a cocktail reception for local business leaders at the offices of Urban Thier & Federer, P.A. in Orlando. The evening’s special guest, Consul General Annette Klein of the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Miami, met with Carl Christian Thier, President of the GABC in Central Florida and Honorary Vice Consul of the Republic of Austria. Many members and non-members of the GABC attended the event as well....

Continue reading