UTF Law Firm | Urban Thier Federer, P.A.

Call Us Internally: 001 888-799-7037

Outside of the US: 001 212-257-0898

U.S. Visa FAQ

German, Swiss & Austrian Citizens In Need Of U.S. Visas

At Urban Thier & Federer, P.A., our experienced international immigration attorneys can assist you in obtaining the following nonimmigrant visas:

  • B-1/B-2: The B Visitor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or temporarily for pleasure (B-2). B-1 business visitors may be admitted for the purpose of engaging in business but not for the purpose of being employed.
  • E-1/E-2: The Immigration and Nationality Act provides nonimmigrant visa status for a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who is entering the United States to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, principally between the United States and the treaty country (E-1 Treaty Trader), or to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital (E-2 Treaty Investor).
  • H-1B: The H-1B visa is available to individuals who hold a specialty occupation, which requires the practical and theoretical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge requiring completion of a specific course of higher education. Such classification requires a labor attestation issued by the Department of Labor.
  • L-1: The L-1 visa applies to intra-company transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the United States in an executive, managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity.
  • J-1: The J-1 visa exchange visitor program is geared toward promoting the interchange of persons, knowledge and skills in the fields of education, arts and sciences. Participants include trainees obtaining on-the-job training with firms, institutions, and agencies, students at all academic levels, teachers of primary, secondary and specialized schools, professors coming to teach or do research at institutions of higher learning, research scholars, professional trainees in the medical and allied fields; and, international visitors entering for the purpose of travel, observation, consultation, research, training, sharing or demonstrating specialized knowledge or skills, or participating in organized people-to-people programs.
  • F/M Visa: The F and M visa categories apply to aliens wishing to study in the United States. The F visa is for academic studies and the M visa is for nonacademic or vocational studies.
  • I-1: The I-1 visa is available for representatives of the foreign media traveling to the United States on assignment. This includes members of the press, film, television and radio, or those whose activities are essential to the foreign media function.
  • O-1: The O-1 visa is available for foreign individuals who have special abilities in the sciences, arts, business, education, or athletics, or achievements in the motion picture and television fields.
  • O-2: The O-2 visa is available for individuals accompanying an O-1 alien to assist in an artistic or athletic performance for a specific event or performance.
  • P-1: The P-1 visa is available for individual or team athletes, or members of an entertainment group who are internationally recognized.
  • P-2: The P-2 visa is available to artists or entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program.
  • P-3: The P-3 visa is available to artists or entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique (similar to P-1).
  • Q-1: The Q-1 visa is available to participants in an international cultural exchange program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment and the sharing of the history, culture and traditions of the visitor’s home country.
  • R: The R visa is available for visitors visiting the United States to work in a religious capacity.

Make Nonimmigrant Visas Work For You

If the proper visa is all that separates you from achieving your goals, you can rely on our seasoned immigration lawyers to help you take the next step in your career. Schedule a consultation today.

“This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or establish an attorney-client relationship.”